On Monday, March 17th, the latest generation of startups consolidated by Socialatom Ventures in partnership with Apps.co will take the stage and introduce their projects to the world.
Teams have completed 14 weeks of work on their projects. They’ve learned, grown, gained traction and landed clients, even traveling to Silicon Valley to learn the ropes.
This third Socialatom Ventures Demo Day includes companies selected for the consolidation phase of the Apps.co program. It celebrates a sort of graduation, inviting executives and investors from throughout Latin America to take part in and contribute to the continued growth and prosperity of the Colombian entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Monday’s event will feature more than startup pitches. It will also include discussion panel on what happens behind the scenes at venture capital funds. Diego Serebrisky (Alta Ventures), Isabela Echeverry (Red de Angeles Bavaria) and Omar Calvo (Nazca Ventures) will take part in the discussion, which will be moderated by Socialatom Group founder Andrés Barreto.
Tuyo Isaza will serve as the Demo Day’s master of ceremonies. Also speaking at the event will be Claudia Obando, head of Apps.co, and Alan Colmenares, who headed up the Apps.co-Socialatom Ventures initiative and is at the helm of the Founder Institute in Colombia.
Here are the startups attendees can expect to see:
- Adiktivo: An e-commerce platform that provides shoppers a place to find fashion products from the leading online stores in Colombia and all over the world.
- AdminTaxi: A cloud-based web and mobile platform that manages taxi fleets.
- Look4Plan: A way to interact differently with your friends and city. Find your friends, make a plan and enjoy where you live.
- Biveomakers: A platform to connect with top video producers and professionals.
- DoctorApp: A web and mobile platform that simplifies medical appointment management for doctors and patients.
- Go Versus: An online community that allows users to compare products and decide what to buy according to what their friends and network are saying.
- Monolegal: An app for attorneys and law professionals that helps them to schedule activities and stay informed.
- Orson: A mobile content distribution platform that allows users to modify content and share their creations.
- TooEasyEnglish: A 12-level course to help Spanish-speakers learn English.
- Youtripp: A platform that curates tourist activities and travel options at local prices.
So there you have it. Demo Day is slated for Monday, the 17th of March at 5:00 p.m. in Bogotá. Register to attend here.
This text has been adapted and translated by Emily Stewart from its original Spanish publication.