With its second international demo day just two weeks away, Telefónica accelerator Wayra has revealed its 15-startup lineup.
Announced back in August, Wayra Global demoDay 2013 will be held on Tuesday, November 12th in São Paulo and London. It will feature companies representing a wide range of industries, maturities and markets within the Wayra portfolio. Startups will outline their progress, offer a detailed report of their growth plans, and lay out future funding requirements to get to where they’re going.
The demo day was originally conceived as a three-city event, but the third locale, San Francisco, seems to have been dropped from the equation. According to the Wayra announcement, the U.S. is still on the radar – just in a different capacity:
The final stage of this process will take place in the United States, where Wayra will offer influential American investors the opportunity to continue to contribute to the success of the program’s accelerated startups.
Wayra has invested in 295 startups from 12 countries across more than 20 sectors since its inception. In other words, the startups selected to pitch at Wayra Global demoDay 2013 have beat out some pretty stiff competition, at least number-wise.
Here’s who’ll be pitching:
- COMENTA TV (Wayra Argentina), a platform for television shows and live events for producers to discover what viewers are tweeting and layer those tweets into their broadcasts in real time.
- EDUCABILIA (Wayra Argentina), a lifelong learning marketplace for offline and online courses.
- I AM AT (Wayra Argentina), the second screen for maximizing experiences at events and concerts and connecting brands and organizers with audiences.
- BOV CONTROL (Wayra Brazil), a cloud-based mobile service that empowers livestock ranchers with reliable herd information to boost efficiency and profitability.
- CROWDSOURCED TESTING (Wayra Chile), a startup that connects web and software developers with professional software testers to try out products and detect bugs across a wide range of devices.
- U-PLANNER (Wayra Chile), a service that helps educational institutions create value by optimizing planning activities and resource allocation.
- DATAMOLINO (Wayra Czech Republic), a provider of large enterprise solutions in invoice processing to accountants servicing SMEs.
- AUDIOSNAPS (Wayra Spain – Barcelona Academy), an app that takes pictures with sound and embeds everything into a single standard JPG file compatible with all browsers.
- MARFEEL (Wayra Spain – Barcelona Academy), a technology that automatically turns web content into a quality touch experience for tablets and smartphones.
- RUSHMORE (Wayra Spain – Madrid Academy), a technology that connects users with artists through live interactive experience, news, releases and a community of fellow fans.
- LERNSTIFT (Wayra Germany), a pen that vibrates when it detects writing errors.
- HIRI (Wayra Ireland), a startup dedicated to fixing e-mail in large companies and corporations.
- TRUSTEV (Wayra Ireland), real-time online identity verification to increase revenues and eliminate fraud.
- PLAZA POINTS (Wayra Peru), an open multi-brand loyalty program that integrates with over 100 retailers to reward customers with redeemable cash points at affiliated merchants.
- ENSYGNIA (Wayra UK), the creator of the patented Onescan app, which makes payments easy to make online, in stores and on the go.