If you’ve got an innovative, culture-related project, then you’ve got to sign up for the Concurso Emprende con Cultura – a competition for culture-related projects in Ibero-America.
The contest highlights and promotes digital entrepreneurship in cultural and creative industries. It will take place during the V Ibero-American Culture Congress, an event that examines the impact of the internet’s eruption on culture, in Zaragoza, Spain, from the 20th to the 22nd to November.
At the congress, the most innovative projects will be presented, and prizes will be awarded to initiatives that transform current models for cultural business and management.
Applicants are accepted from all 22 countries that form Ibero-America: Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Portugal, the Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. Projects from Puerto Rico are also accepted.
The contest is open to businesses and individuals with projects at all stages of development, even if that means just an idea, given that the endeavor has been operating in the market for less than three years.
An international panel of judges will select 23 innovative projects as finalists, one per country in Ibero-America. Evaluations will consider:
- Project originality.
- Business model sustainability and market potential.
- Project viability.
- The project’s contribution to creative and cultural industries.
- The initiative’s potential in modernization, innovation and technological adaptation in creative and cultural industries.
- Potential for international implementation through an elaborate plan for expansion.
- The experience and dedication of the team behind the project.
- The social and/or environmental impact of the project.
Those selected will travel to the V Ibero-American Culture Congress to present their projects live. There, they will pitch to cultural institutions and international investors at the Centro de Arte y Tecnología-Etopia.
During the congress, six prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Innovative Idea
- Most Innovative Project, Under Three Years
- Most Innovative Project, Over Three Years
- Most Social
- Young Entrepreneur Prize
- Senior Entrepreneur Prize
Original source, featured image.