Position: Head of Marketing
Headquarters: Santiago, Chile
Location: Remote o.k.
Prey is the most effective way to track and find a stolen laptop, tablet, or phone. Co-founder Carlos Yaconi has plenty of personal experience that lead to the invention of Prey after his co-founders brother computer got stolen…twice.
This experience lit a fire under Yaconi to create the most effective tracker available today. With over 7 million users and activity in over 200 countries, the only way to have that much success is through proven results. There are many examples of this success found online including the incredible retrieval story from Sean Power. When Sean discovered his computer was stolen, Prey reported the computer in New York at a Tequila bar while Sean was in Canada. He tracked the location, the pages viewed, and more via Prey to the point that Sean could see the thief’s bank statement while he was online. He even got screenshots of the thief in action using the computer. After four days of monitoring the computer use, Sean was able to return to New York to confront the thief at the same place Prey located it.
Carlos brings his 15 years of software development experience to solve a problem that we all fear: theft of our electronic devices. As a CTO and Co-founder since 2004, Carlos knows what it takes to own and operate a startup. His previous startup, Nectia S.A. was all about bringing something new to the IT and tech industries, now he uses that knowledge and expertise to generate new capabilities in the field of security with Prey. Carlos started his career as a software developer for Banco de Chile where his deep understanding for the importance of cyber security began.
About the Position:
Prey is looking for an experienced marketer to define and lead our growth strategy across acquisition, activation and retention. You must be analytical, profoundly product literate, have a hacker mindset and a passion for working with numbers and data.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Determine the best way to improve our conversion rates and grow user base
- Develop and execute SEM, SEO and display media strategies to increase organic traffic, rankings, and leads
- Make small changes that have a big impact on growth
- Conduct experiments within a rigorous A/B testing framework
- Web & Mobile growth strategies
- Generate insights from analysis across all marketing channels — search, organic and paid social, mobile, web, email — and develop actionable steps to improve lead flow and conversion
- Lead the delivery of website behavioral analysis, including performance trends, click stream activity and overall recommendations for optimizing the user experience
What You Need for this Position
- Minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Track record of leveraging data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs
- Must have strong consumer understanding skills — ability to translate customer insights into successful digital marketing programs and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers
Equity in the company